Mentors: time to review student applications

tdh...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2022, 4:05:08 PM4/20/22
to gsoc-r
Hi all, I just added all the mentors listed on our wiki to the summerofcode.withgoogle.com web site, so please log on and start reviewing the applications we received.
Also please email me if you would like an invite to participate as a mentor.
Thanks
Toby

tdh...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2022, 4:26:38 PM4/20/22
to gsoc-r
It looks like the web interface has changed since last year, and there is no longer a comment box where you can write your comments about the proposal.
But you can still click "want to mentor" on the proposal, so please do that.
It would be great if you can also email the org admins listed below to tell us your preferences about which proposal(s) you would like to mentor, and which you would prefer to reject.
Vijay Barve <vijay...@gmail.com>, Narayani Barve <naray...@gmail.com>, "Brian G. Peterson" <br...@braverock.com>, Toby Dylan Hocking <Toby.H...@r-project.org>

Ani

Apr 20, 2022, 10:41:05 PM4/20/22
to gso...@googlegroups.com, Toby Hocking
Greetings!

I was wondering if you would like another mentor for the RcppDeepState project, as I am interested in looking after that (provided or assuming that project is selected).

Having dealt with GitHub Actions (ironically, for last year's GSoC project!) for a decent amount of time, I can help in the area of workflow automation, along with the other technologies involved in the project (such as R and C++), given they are ones I'm well familiar with.

Also, I'm currently researching and working on applying DeepState to NASA's F' or fprime open-source software by building a test harness (test drivers and stubs/boilerplate, with my current focus being command generation) for it. Thus, this seemed pretty relevant to my work for the summer (given that DeepState is a core part of it), and I will be more than happy to mentor this project for a selected student if possible or required.

Best regards,
Anirban

tdh...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2022, 11:38:26 AM4/27/22
to gsoc-r
Dear mentors,
For those of you who have already clicked on "Want to Mentor" thank you for your participation.
For those of you who have not, please do so ASAP:
SQLite visualization
USCensus
VedicDateTime
Please click on "Want to mentor" for only one of the applications, so the admins know which one is your preference.