moderation of membership

J C Nash

May 6, 2020, 1:10:16 PM5/6/20
to gso...@googlegroups.com
I am one of the team moderating membership in gsoc-r.

It has been my standard operating mode in the last three years to ignore requests for membership
that do not include a message to tell us why the person wants to join. Essentially, we need to
know that the correspondent is involved with R, and even rather cryptic statements have been
accepted. However, it is possible that someone who has been asked to mentor or who intends to
propose a project to GSoC for R wants to join but does not include a message.

If you know someone who SHOULD be on the list, let them know to include a message with their
attempt to register.

Best,

John Nash