MiniZinc Interface for R

HwB

Feb 24, 2020, 3:47:59 AM2/24/20
to gsoc-r
Dear colleagues,

I have set up an R-GSoC 2020 project proposal "MiniZinc Interface to R" (which might more appropriately be called "R Interface to MiniZinc" ?). Several students have expressed interest in this project.

Unfortunately, I will be largely unavailable during July and August -- the main summer season here in Middle Europe. Therefore, I will not be able to act as the 'evaluating mentor' for this project, but maybe as one of two co-mentors.

My question is: Is someone here interested and willing to act as the main mentor for this project. I think a package *rminizinc* would be a great addition for combinatorial optimization functionality in R.

If not, I will delete the proposal from the table of proposed coding projects and let the students know about this.

Regards
Hans W. Borchers