still supporting GSite Crawler as of 13 Sept 2015?

Keys R Cool

Sep 13, 2015, 4:51:10 PM9/13/15
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
still supporting GSite Crawler as of 13 Sept 2015?

webado

Sep 13, 2015, 4:55:28 PM9/13/15
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Same versions are supposed to continue working.  Make sure you install and execute all programs logged into an administrator account., in compatibility mode.

Adam Wencław

Oct 26, 2015, 7:33:33 AM10/26/15
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
In which compatibility mode exactly? What OS should I choose?

webado

Oct 26, 2015, 7:43:18 AM10/26/15
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
In Windows 10 you can select Compatibility mode for XP Service pack 3 for instance.
Or you may try the Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Adam Wencław

Oct 26, 2015, 10:36:06 AM10/26/15
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Hi Christina,
unfortunatelly, compatibility mode for XP SP3 and run as an administrator didn't solve the problem on Win 7 64bit. Windows error occurs and informs that version of the file is incompatible with the version of the OS. Is there any special library necessary to be present in OS to run GSiteCrawler on Win 7?

webado

Oct 26, 2015, 10:46:25 AM10/26/15
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com
Oh it works fine for me on Win 7 64-bit. I installed and set all executables from GSC to be run as administrator and in compatibility mode, without specifying XP or anything else.
Make sure you are always signed into the  administrator account and installed it that way and run it that way.

Apply this to all .exe programs from GSC.

Christina