Re: [GSiteCrawler] HTTP-Error 999 Page too large, check settings

Chris Wright

Feb 16, 2013, 3:27:58 PM2/16/13
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com
In the settings page on GSC you can adjust the maximum size of the page to be crawled.
Try increasing that and re-running.

Regards

Chris

On 16 February 2013 20:24, Norm Cotrona <norm.c...@altapower.com> wrote:
I am unable to crawl one of my sites.  I have successfully setup, crawled and generated sitemaps for several sites.  Using the same settings, I am unable to get one of my sites to crawl.   In the aborted URL list, I get an error,
HTTP-Error 999 Page too large, check settings

Anyone have any ideas on how I might resolve this?

Any assistance is much appreciated

webado

Feb 16, 2013, 3:29:22 PM2/16/13
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com
Sure. Go to File > Global options > crawlers >  increase the maximum page size allowed.

But you really should try to reduce your actual page sizes anyway. The default is 200K which is plenty big. You should stay below that.

Norm Cotrona

Feb 16, 2013, 3:33:09 PM2/16/13
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply..... I see the settings tab, but I don't see an option for increasing the max size.  The only thing I see that might be what you are referring to is "Priority for this project in the crawler"  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Norm Cotrona

Feb 16, 2013, 3:43:55 PM2/16/13
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks -

That worked....200K was already set, I had to increase above this to get it to work.  We will take a look at the page sizes to try to get them down...Thanks Much for your assistance..

Tize True

Dec 30, 2014, 12:25:19 PM12/30/14
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com
Correctly solved, thank you very much.