gsitecrawler2 error on application launch

Rascal

Feb 28, 2008, 1:30:56 PM2/28/08
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Hello

I recently installed GSiteCrawler in a Windows 2003 SP2 R2 server
running in an Active Directory domain. I then installed the SQL
update.

I tested the application first using gsitecrawler and it worked
perfectly. I then followed the online instructions and set up a
database on one of my MSSQL 2005 servers. I then ran the DBsetup
utility, set up the proper accounts, tested and created the tables.
All went flawlessly.

Until I tried to launch gsitecrawler2 - "C:\Program Files\SOFTplus
\GSiteCrawler\GSiteCrawler2.exe"

Every time I attempt to launch the application it fails with the
following error: "Error opening Database-Connection: -2147467259 -
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified"

If I launch "C:\Program Files\SOFTplus\GSiteCrawler\GSiteCrawler.exe"
the application works fine.

I have verified that the DB is properly configured. I have also
uninstalled and reinstalled the application to no avail.

Any help toward resolving this issue is appreciated.

webado

Feb 28, 2008, 2:43:47 PM2/28/08
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Here's a simialr situation which may help you identify the prohblem.

The way I understand that is it involves user permissions across all
platforms.

Rascal

Feb 28, 2008, 5:39:32 PM2/28/08
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Thanks for the response. Did you forget a link? :)

Chris Wright

Feb 28, 2008, 6:14:30 PM2/28/08
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com
Rascal wrote:
> Thanks for the response. Did you forget a link? :)

I was thinking the same... ;)

webado

Feb 28, 2008, 7:22:13 PM2/28/08
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Oh I did indeed! Sorry. Don't know where I lost it.

OK, let me try again.

http://sqlforums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=68&threadid=42113&enterthread=y

Old and it looks like it applies to a somewhheat different setup, but
may still address the problem in general terms.

Rascal

Mar 10, 2008, 3:50:11 PM3/10/08
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
OK - So it appears that upon launch, gsitecrawler2 looks for an ODBC
DSN. When it doesn't find one it bombs. I ran a trace on ODBC and it
shows many attempts to connect.

Does the application look for a DSN connection? If not, why is mine?
If so, what are the settings?

Thanks in advance!

On Feb 28, 8:22 pm, webado <web...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh I did indeed! Sorry. Don't know where I lost it.
>
> OK, let me try again.
>
> http://sqlforums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=68...

Chris

Nov 21, 2018, 5:00:31 PM11/21/18
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
10 Years later and I'm looking for the same answer with the same issue.  Did anyone ever figure it out?

webado

Nov 21, 2018, 5:10:53 PM11/21/18
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
I'm sorry, no idea.

The link I posted before no longer works. By now I don't remember at all what it was about.

I don't know first hand how it works when using an SQL database.

Are you unable to use the standard application with the built-in MS Access database?