Site not being crawled

Antony Meadley

Mar 14, 2019, 10:06:14 AM3/14/19
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Hi,

I set up my site using the New Project wizard.

At the end of the process it opened the Crawlers window but did nothing.

I manually clicked on "Recrawl this URL" and nothing happens.

If I click "Requery this URL" it says "0 URLs updated ok, 0 errors occured."

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Antony

webado

Mar 14, 2019, 10:13:43 AM3/14/19
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
You need to ensure you installed and are running the program as administrator, and the same for the other .exe files in the package.

Do you see the tab with URL list? Click on it and if the program has crawled your site it should lits all the urls it has found.

Javascript sites cannot be crawled. Same for Ajax sites or similar. If urls are redirected this will not work.
If the start page is getting redirected by any means (301, 302, javascript, meta refresh) this won't work.