Automated crawl create 1KB sitemap.xml

ad...@thinkbigsoftware.co.uk

Aug 22, 2016, 10:09:48 AM8/22/16
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Hi,

I've been using this software for years without issues. Currently using version 1.2.3.

I've recently noticed that the FTP is uploading a 1KB file to my website. The content of the file is just the web path of the actual sitemap. If I manually click the FTP upload button the correct sitemap is uploaded. The issue only happens when the crawl is automated. Any ideas on what could have gone wrong?

Thanks

webado

Aug 22, 2016, 10:13:44 AM8/22/16
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
Sorry no idea.
You need to check the parameters used for the automated crawl.

ad...@thinkbigsoftware.co.uk

Aug 22, 2016, 5:28:02 PM8/22/16
to SOFTplus GSiteCrawler
There's not much to check. A scheduled task runs "C:\Program Files (x86)\SOFTplus\GSiteCrawler\GSiteCrawler.exe /auto".

It works fine when you manually click the upload button.

Christina Soochan

Aug 22, 2016, 8:15:46 PM8/22/16
to gsitec...@googlegroups.com

I am so sorry.  I’ve not run this in automation mode in a very long time. I remember setting it up a few years ago but I  changed computers since then and haven’t tried it since. Besides I no longer deal with the site for which I originally used automation before.

I must be having a senior moment as well because I cannot for the life of me create a shortcut with the parameter /auto in it.