Reminder => GSICS IR Subgroup Web Meeting at 0700-0900 EDT on July 6 2023

LIkun Wang - NOAA Affliate

Jul 5, 2023, 10:44:25 AM7/5/23
to GSICS Development Group, Wenhui Wang - NOAA Affiliate, Tim Hewison
Dear GSICS colleagues:

As a reminder, We will have the GSICS IR Subgroup Web Meeting at 0700-0900 EDT on July 6 2023 (check your time here). Here is the agenda:

1)  Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT): Investigation of Inter-calibration Bias over Hot Land (20 minutes + 10 minutes discussion)
The MICMICS team of EUMETSAT made some progress in identifying a cause of the “hot land” issue.  It is one of important actions during the annual meeting.

2)  Wehhui Wang (UMD): Inter-calibration of VIIRS and CrIS (20 minutes)
Wenhui will report the inter-calibration results between CrIS and VIIRS from a different perspective, which treats CrIS as a reference and then evaluates VIIRS calibration quality.

3)  Likun Wang  (UMD):  Collocating VIIRS with CrIS using only VIIRS Terrain Corrected Geolocation Datasets (20 minutes)
 As you may know, VIIRS currently releases both Terrain Corrected (TC) and Non-TC geolocation datasets. Under the plan, the  Non-TC geolocation datasets will be turned off.  However,  other sensors on the same platform(e.g. CrIS) only have Non-TC geolocation datasets. I recently investigated how this impacts on the collocation and propose a resolution to mitigate the effects.

Zoom meeting information.

Topic: GSICS IR Group Web Meeting
Time: Jul 6, 2023 07:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://umd.zoom.us/j/8243989578?pwd=VnV5eWFMbUNJLzVEZGVzdnNWUm1PUT09

Meeting ID: 824 398 9578
Passcode: gsics

Add to Google Calendar:
https://umd.zoom.us/meeting/tJIod-qsqzIuE9Ho2Pb4otgdhklLSRvejMeU/calendar/google/add

I am  looking forward to your participation.

Likun Wang
GSICS IR Group Chair