Call for presentation ==> 2024 GSICS Annual Meeting for IR Sub-group Session on March 11 2024

LIkun Wang - NOAA Affliate

Jan 19, 2024, 7:59:31 AMJan 19
to gsic...@googlegroups.com

Dear GSICS Community:

Happy New Year!  We hope that you all enjoyed a fantastic winter break. As you may already know, the 2024 GSICS Annual Meeting will be held in a hybrid mode via the web or in-person at the EUMETSAT HQ in Darmstadt, Germany from March 11-15 2024. Here the meeting the website,

https://www.eventsforce.net/eumetsat/frontend/reg/thome.csp?pageID=23636&eventID=59

As part of the GSICS Annual meeting, we also plan to hold a IR Subgroup meeting, currently scheduled on Wednesday March 13 2024 (Day 3). As you know, there are regular web meetings hosted bi-monthly, which are focused on technical discussion. For a annual meeting session, we are considering the following topics (but not limited to) that the GSICS community has general interests on,

  • Cal/Val status/results: focusing on the latest or future instruments (hyperspectral, narrow/broad-band instruments)

  • Inter-calibration for hyperspectral IR instruments (AIRS, CrIS, IASI, GIIRS, IRAS, etc … )

  • Inter-calibration for LEO and GEO broad- and narrow-band IR bands

    • Issues, products, new findings, and the way forward of LEO-GEO and GEO-GEO comparison

  • Updates on research topics

    • Collocation, spectral gap filling, SRF retrievals, and Budget and uncertainty analysis,

    •  Inter-calibration method, Double difference through transfer instrument, RTM simulations, ground-based measurements etc.

  • FCDR and re-processing efforts for IR observations
  • Cutting -edging Topics and innovative ideas (such as Machine Learning and Lunar Calibration for IR)

If you are interested in presenting in any of the above topics or like to propose an additional topic that will bring the attention to the GSICS community, please email me at Likun...@noaa.gov.

Likun Wang

Dorothee Coppens

Jan 29, 2024, 10:20:37 AMJan 29
to gsic...@googlegroups.com

Hello Likun,

I propose a presentation on: “HIRAS and GIIRS data quality analysis using PC technics and comparisons to IASI”

from Shin Koyamatsu (JMA, currently visiting scientist at EUMETSAT)

Kind Regards,

Dorothee.

WARNING: This email originated outside the organisation. Treat links and attachments with caution.

[...]

o    Issues,

o     products, new findings, and the way forward of LEO-GEO and GEO-GEO comparison

·         Updates

·          on research topics

o    Collocation,

o     spectral gap filling, SRF retrievals, and Budget and uncertainty analysis,

o     Inter-calibration

o     method, Double difference through transfer instrument, RTM simulations, ground-based measurements etc.

  • FCDR
  • and re-processing efforts for IR observations
  • Cutting -edging Topics and innovative ideas (such as Machine Learning and Lunar Calibration for
  • IR)

If you are interested in presenting in any of the above topics or like to propose an additional topic that will bring the attention to the GSICS community, please email me at Likun...@noaa.gov.

Likun Wang

Any email message from EUMETSAT is sent in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by EUMETSAT, except where provided for in a written agreement or contract or if explicitly stated in the email. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of EUMETSAT. This message and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, dissemination or distribution (in whole or in part) of its contents is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Hugh Kieffer

Feb 15, 2024, 10:08:56 AMFeb 15
to gsic...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

I tried to register (using both Linux and Mac) but the Registration
page repeats when I enter my password and hit "Proceed". Is there
more?

Thanks: Hugh Kieffer
> --

Hugh Kieffer hhki...@gmail.com
Celestial Reasonings Cell 775-315-5135
PO Box 1057, 180 Snowshoe Ln., Genoa, NV 89411

Lawrence E Flynn - NOAA Federal

Feb 15, 2024, 10:31:53 AMFeb 15
to gsic...@googlegroups.com, Hugh Kieffer
When I registered I received an email with the subject
Registration confirmation for GSICS 2024 annual meeting

--
___________
(Lawrence...@noaa.gov) Research Scientist

LIkun Wang - NOAA Affliate

Mar 4, 2024, 4:44:30 PMMar 4
to gsic...@googlegroups.com

HI Dear All:

Please check below on the final agenda on  2024 GSICS Annual Meeting for IR Sub-group Session on March 11 2024. If there is any change, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

LIkun~

IR Breakout Session (Day 3, Wed 13 March)
Chair: Likun Wang / Minutes: ???
 Time Title Presenter

8:30 Welcome Remarks and Review for IR Groups  Likun Wang
8:50
HIRAS and GIIRS data quality analysis using PC technics and comparisons to IASI
Shin Koyamatsu
9:10 GOES ABI IR midnight calibration variation detected with GEO-GEO Inter-calibration Fangfang Yu
9:30 On-orbit characteristics monitoring and analysis of Fengyun-4 AGRI infrared channels Xingwei He (remotely)
9:50 Assessment and Dynamic Correction of Spectral Calibration of FY-3D/HIRAS Chengli Qi
10:10 20 Minutes Coffee Break
10:30 FY-4B GIIRS / Metop-IASI Inter-comparison Pierre Dussarrat
10:50 CrIS calibration Status and Future Plan  David Tobin
11:10 Thermal radiance model for Moon and Mercury Kay Wohlfarth (remotely?, check)
11:30 Checking the radiometric stability of CrIS with the Moon Martin Burgdorf
11:50 Re-calibration results of KMA`s satellites Euidong Hwang
12:10 Merging of SSU Observations with AIRS toward Extending Stratospheric Temperature Climate Data Records Likun Wang
12:30 Improvements in the Current SNO method for Long-Term monitoring of CrIS Inter-sensor Radiometric Biases with ABI within the NOAA ICVS Framework Xin JIn (remotely)
12:50

Lunch Time (1300-1400)
14:00 Review of Inter-calibration Algorithm issues Tim Hewison
14:20 GEO-LEO IR regression method for AHI inter-calibration TAKAHASHI Masaya
14:40 Interpolating between GEO images Vincent Debaecker
15:00 Statistical analysis of the parallax errors and Regression Methods Tim Hewison
15:20 Summary on Angle errors, parallax, and proposed resolutions   Likun Wang
15:40 20 Minutes Coffee Break

Group Discussion
16:00 Algorithms Improvements and the way forward All
16:30 Chair Transition and Plan for next year All
17:00 Meeting Ends