Mark calendar => GSICS IR Subgroup Web Meeting at 0700-1000 EDT on July 6 2023

LIkun Wang - NOAA Affliate

Jun 21, 2023, 4:59:35 PM6/21/23
to GSICS Development Group, Wenhui Wang - NOAA Affiliate, Tim Hewison
Dear GSICS colleagues:

I hope you all enjoy your summer and is able to spend some quality time with your friends and family.

We will have the GSICS IR Subgroup Web Meeting at 0700-0900 EDT on July 6 2023 (check your time here). Here is the agenda:

1)  Tim Hewison (EUMETSAT): Investigation of Inter-calibration Bias over Hot Land (20 minutes + 10 minutes discussion)
The MICMICS team of EUMETSAT made some progress in identifying a cause of the “hot land” issue.  It is one of important actions during the annual meeting.

2)  Wehhui Wang (UMD): Inter-calibration of VIIRS and CrIS (20 minutes)
Wenhui will report the inter-calibration results between CrIS and VIIRS from a different perspective, which treats CrIS as a reference and then evaluates VIIRS calibration quality.

3)  Likun Wang  (UMD):  Collocating VIIRS with CrIS using only VIIRS Terrain Corrected Geolocation Datasets (20 minutes)
 As you may know, VIIRS currently releases both Terrain Corrected (TC) and Non-TC geolocation datasets. Under the plan, the  Non-TC geolocation datasets will be turned off.  However,  other sensors on the same platform(e.g. CrIS) only have Non-TC geolocation datasets. I recently investigated how this impacts on the collocation and propose a resolution to mitigate the effects.

I believe that all these presentation will interest everyone. If you have anything to present, Please let me know.  I am  looking forward to your participation. Here is Zoom meeting information,

Topic: GSICS IR Group Web Meeting
Time: Jul 6, 2023 07:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://umd.zoom.us/j/8243989578?pwd=VnV5eWFMbUNJLzVEZGVzdnNWUm1PUT09

Meeting ID: 824 398 9578
Passcode: gsics

Add to Google Calendar:
https://umd.zoom.us/meeting/tJIod-qsqzIuE9Ho2Pb4otgdhklLSRvejMeU/calendar/google/add

Likun Wang
GSICS IR Group Chair

LIkun Wang - NOAA Affliate

Jun 22, 2023, 12:28:48 PM6/22/23
to 'Doelling, David Robert (LARC-E302)' via GSICS Development, David Doelling

Hi Dear GSICS colleagues:

Tim made a good suggestion.  For  the members of the VIS/NIR sub-group,  please consider to attend this web meeting so we can discuss related issues.

Thanks,

Likun~

Jun 23, 2023, 6:38:25 AM6/23/23
to gsic...@googlegroups.com

Hi Likun and GSICS colleagues,

I created a page for the meeting: http://gsics.atmos.umd.edu/bin/view/Development/20230706

And uploaded a draft of our presentation. Comments are welcome.