installation failure

Msaqib

Feb 9, 2023, 10:38:28 AM2/9/23
to gsea-help
I recently downloaded the GSEA software and after download, when I tried opening it, it reported installation failure.I deleted it and downloaded again but it showed the same pop up.I downloaded the Mac version of it and my device is running on MacOS Ventura 13.Any help with resolving this would be appreciated.

David Eby

Feb 9, 2023, 12:20:32 PM2/9/23
to gsea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We'll need more information to help you with this issue as we're not able to replicate any issue running GSEA on Ventura.  What was the "installation failure" message and how did it appear?  We don't have an installer for Mac, all we have is a simple ZIP bundle containing a Mac App.  What was the name of the file that you downloaded?

Regards,
David

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 7:38 AM Msaqib <maleeha...@gmail.com> wrote:
I recently downloaded the GSEA software and after download, when I tried opening it, it reported installation failure.I deleted it and downloaded again but it showed the same pop up.I downloaded the Mac version of it and my device is running on MacOS Ventura 13.Any help with resolving this would be appreciated.

Maleeha Saqib

Feb 9, 2023, 1:23:25 PM2/9/23
to gsea...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
Yes I downloaded the zip bundle with the Mac app. After that I clicked on to it to open and it started an installation which I stopped because I had a thing come up and ever since that it’s giving me the installation failure error.

David Eby

Feb 9, 2023, 1:48:53 PM2/9/23
to gsea...@googlegroups.com
Maybe some screenshots would help us to understand.  I may be misunderstanding what you mean saying "it started an installation".

Like I said, we have no installer for GSEA on Mac.  Our download file would be better described as a bundle.  It's just a ZIP file which contains the GSEA Mac App itself.  Clicking to open the ZIP should give you the Mac App, and clicking to open that Mac App should just run GSEA directly.  There should be no installation steps at all.

Screenshots of the installation error or the "thing" that came up, or even just the text, would be useful here.

- David

Maleeha Saqib

Feb 20, 2023, 11:05:33 AM2/20/23
to gsea...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
So , now it’s giving me a prompt to download rosetta. Should I do that ?
Attached a screen shot below.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "gsea-help" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gsea-help/CAFEo9XhdKh7O9a%2BRRVrCeGh7HRh5wQ1bXdHDM0tRr7zJJaaT%2BA%40mail.gmail.com.
image_50371585.JPG

David Eby

Feb 21, 2023, 1:17:32 PM2/21/23
to gsea...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that will be necessary.  We have not created a GSEA bundle specific to the Apple M1 and M2 processors, so your Mac will need the Rosetta emulator to run the x86-64 bundle.

Xinyi Deng

Jul 2, 2024, 4:11:01 PM (3 days ago) Jul 2
to gsea-help

Hi may I ask what command I should use to use Rosetta emulator to run GSEA