generating GSEA analysis from a particular dataset

Priyanka Manandhar

Sep 17, 2021, 11:17:32 AM9/17/21
to gsea-help
Hi Anthony,
Is it possible, using the GSEA software to generate analysis using a single targeted dataset that I have identified and downloaded as opposed to all the comparisons that the software does by default?
Thanks,
Priya

Anthony Castanza

Sep 17, 2021, 1:34:46 PM9/17/21
to gsea...@googlegroups.com

Hi Priya,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "single targeted dataset" do you mean a single gene set?
In wich case, the answer is yes, but the FDR won't be a meaningful statistic, so you'll want to base your evaluation of the enrichment score on just the NOM P-value.

If you mean just a single sample of expression data, that's a little more complicated of an answer but we do have separate tools for that (ssGSEA on GenePattern in particular).

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD

Curator, Molecular Signatures Database

Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine