Error 1005

Priyanka Manandhar

Aug 24, 2021, 11:22:22 AM8/24/21
to gsea-help
Hello,
I was successfully able to get GSEA plots in the past using this program. But when I tried again to get plots using the same files, I keep getting error 1005 (Screenshot attached).

I've also attached screenshots of my files. They are in the recommended format, and the exact same files have worked in the past. I'm confused as to why they are not working now.

Thanks,
Priya
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.17.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.21.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 11.21.31 AM.png

Anthony Castanza

Aug 24, 2021, 12:15:08 PM8/24/21
to gsea...@googlegroups.com

Hi Priya,

You appear to be using the Mouse Ensembl Gene ID chip for the collapse parameter, but in your dataset file the first column, the one GSEA uses for collapse is Mouse Gene Symbols, not Ensembl IDs, the Ensembl IDs are the second column. You have two options here, 1) switch the first and second columns of your dataset file (I would say that this is the preferred solution, but slightly more difficult) and keep using the Mouse Ensembl Gene ID chip, or 2) use the Mouse Gene Symbol chip file.

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD

Curator, Molecular Signatures Database

Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine

University of California, San Diego

Priyanka Manandhar

Aug 24, 2021, 12:43:27 PM8/24/21
to gsea-help
That makes perfect sense. Thank you, it worked out.