matrix's fColCnt:6

zhiheng he

Aug 1, 2021, 10:32:55 PM8/1/21
to gsea-help
1627871491(1).pngHi Anthony,
when I run the GSEA task, I met a incomprehensible error. It always showed this error even if I reduced the number of my samples from 400 to 200.I want to know if this error is related to the number of samples.I am just a graduate student engaged in the biological industry, not a professional programmer, so I can't do anything about this problem.
Wish your help!
Thanks

Anthony Castanza

Aug 2, 2021, 1:24:23 PM8/2/21
to gsea...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

This error usually occurs when there is a mismatch between how many samples are defined in the CLS file and the number of sample columns in the dataset file.

The CLS format specification is here: https://software.broadinstitute.org/cancer/software/gsea/wiki/index.php/Data_formats#CLS:_Categorical_.28e.g_tumor_vs_normal.29_class_file_format_.28.2A.cls.29 and likewise the GCT specification is here: https://software.broadinstitute.org/cancer/software/gsea/wiki/index.php/Data_formats#GCT:_Gene_Cluster_Text_file_format_.28.2A.gct.29

If after reviewing the specifications and your input files, you're not able to identify an issue that might have caused this, you can send the data files confidentially to gsea...@broadinstitute.org and I can take a look, and try to reproduce and resolve the error.

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD

Curator, Molecular Signatures Database

Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine

University of California, San Diego

http://gsea-msigdb.org/

zhiheng he

Aug 4, 2021, 12:51:10 AM8/4/21
to gsea-help
I have email my data to you mails.Hope you can take a look to help me.
Thanks very much

Anthony Castanza

Aug 4, 2021, 1:09:15 AM8/4/21
to gsea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm not seeing any files at the GSEA-team address, please try resending them. If they still don't come through I'll look into other options.

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD
Curator, Molecular Signatures Database
Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine