Question regarding input

Jack McNamara

May 23, 2022, 1:26:43 PM5/23/22
to gsea-help
Hello,

For a GEO dataset we are interested in analyzing (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/query/acc.cgi?acc=GSE39477), I see the values reported for each patient is the log ratio of expression for a given gene in lymphedema to that expression in a control.

I do not know if this input would be compatible with GSEA, but wanted to reach out to ask.

Thank you in advance for your help,
Jack McNamara

Anthony Castanza

May 23, 2022, 1:30:16 PM5/23/22
to gsea...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jack,

The “log2_lymphedema-vs-normal_ratios” data should be reasonable to use with GSEA Preranked. The identifiers appear to be in Probe IDs, so based on the GEO record, the correct chip would be Human_AGILENT_Array

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD

Curator, Molecular Signatures Database

Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine