An error/problem I've never seen before

Bob Oliver Bigellow XLII

Mar 19, 2013, 3:54:06 PM3/19/13
to gs-dis...@googlegroups.com
We have a number of images that we publish publicly and use the public URLs to embed the images into our website. Strangely, one of these images (that has been hosted fine for months and months) which HASN'T been changed recently is having serious issues.

I tried viewing it in the GUI and it doesn't show as having a public URL. I tried making it public again and nothing happened. I tried deleting it and it didn't delete. I tried re-uploading it and it wouldn't overwrite. Rather than giving the usual XML response for the error, it's giving this HTTP error:

HTTP Error 503 (Service Unavailable)

I am going to try a number of things through gsutil next, but I suspect I will have similar issues. Thoughts?

Google Cloud Storage Team

Mar 19, 2013, 4:03:48 PM3/19/13
to gs-discussion
Hi Bob,

This looks suspiciously like an error on our side.  I'll investigate and get back to you privately with my findings.

Best Regards,
Benson
Google Cloud Storage Team