Re: [GS-911] GS-911 Firmware upgrade available

Andre Champagne

Nov 3, 2020, 9:07:27 AM11/3/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peet,
I can't seem to download the https://www.hexcode.co.za/november-2020-firmware-upgrades-available? There is no link to actually download or update it to my system.
What am I missing?
thanks

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 4:46 AM 'Peet Badenhorst' via GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles <gs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Good day everybody
The latest firmware update is available.
For a complete list of new features have a look on our website:
https://www.hexcode.co.za/november-2020-firmware-upgrades-available

Francois Barnard

Nov 3, 2020, 9:09:44 AM11/3/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Hi Andre,

The updates are applied to your interface by using the GS-911wifi Web App, the GS-911 PC Application, or the GS-911 WiFi Utility.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Francois Barnard

chrispa...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2020, 11:39:20 AM11/3/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com

I can only see July updates which I already have . No sign of the November updates.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rod Bishop

Nov 3, 2020, 1:13:25 PM11/3/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Same here

Sent from my iPhone

Francois Barnard

Nov 3, 2020, 1:24:58 PM11/3/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Hi Guys,

Apologies to all for not receiving the November updates yet. We've detected a day-zero issue that we are busy fixing at the moment - you'll see the update available in the next day or so as soon as it is ready.

Kind regards,
Francois

Andre Champagne

Nov 4, 2020, 8:12:42 AM11/4/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francois,
Thanks and I understand that. I have the GS911 attached to my PC via USB and when I click on November 2020 firmware upgrade nothing happens, there is no next step. I don't believe it upgrades automatically, does it?

paul gelineau

Nov 4, 2020, 8:12:48 AM11/4/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi;

I too can't find the link to download the Nov, 2020 firmware. Went to
the downloads site but the Nov, 2020 does not show up. Also went to
the apps site for Windows 10 PC, not there either.

Help please.

P.R. Gelineau

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 6:09 AM 'Francois Barnard' via GS-911 Field
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gs-911/d3ea8e9f-9996-4d0f-af99-081faa98a7e7n%40googlegroups.com.

Barry.Silver54

Nov 4, 2020, 8:12:56 AM11/4/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com

Please note that neither software shows an available November update and this also includes the GS911 Download Utility showing the latest as July.

Thanks

Barry

paul gelineau

Nov 4, 2020, 8:13:03 AM11/4/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Cheers,
P.R. Gelineau
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gs-911/1E4B7759-7021-4EEB-8172-2C01A93FAC17%40hxcore.ol.

Andre Champagne

Nov 4, 2020, 8:13:12 AM11/4/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
It makes sense now. Thanks for the update.

Karl

Nov 4, 2020, 1:14:46 PM11/4/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
I was able to download and install the new firmware,  WiFi utility (version 2009.2), and PC program (GS-911-2004.3.exe) yesterday morning before all these issues arose.  Will the problem Hex Code has identified require me to reinstall these updates or am I good to go?

Rod Bishop

Nov 4, 2020, 8:05:17 PM11/4/20
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Updated tonight.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2020, at 13:14, 'Karl' via GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles <gs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I was able to download and install the new firmware,  WiFi utility (version 2009.2), and PC program (GS-911-2004.3.exe) yesterday morning before all these issues arose.  Will the problem Hex Code has identified require me to reinstall these updates or am I good to go?

Francois Barnard

Nov 5, 2020, 1:34:23 AM11/5/20
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Hi Karl,

The issues identified are not critical, but they have been resolved and the updates are available.
The latest release versions are now:
- Firmware: 1.57 - 0.200
- Base System: 0.27 - 0.13 - 2
- Datapack: 176