New GS-911 Wi-Fi Question

duc...@verizon.net

Jan 5, 2024, 6:34:17 PMJan 5
to gs-...@googlegroups.com

After years of fantastic service, I FINALLY turned in my original Bluetooth GS911 for a shiny new Wi-Fi unit.

All seems as it should be via the USB interface with a PC with access to the internet.

When testing with my iPhone via Wi-Fi I am not able to access any of the service options.  I can read the data, but the system says that device to device interface without internet connectivity will not allow access to the service modes.

As the phone is using the GS911 wi-fi for interface how do I go about accessing the internet at the same time on the iPhone to allow access to the service functions  while away from the PC?

Many Thanks !

Eric

Dave Fahringer

Jan 5, 2024, 7:04:26 PMJan 5
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric - I’ve done it on the road by doing the following:

1.  Set up my iPhone as hotspot
2.  Using pc/usb setup gs911 to use iPhone hotspot

As long as you don’t accidentally flip it to different wireless network or accidentally press red button to make it its own hotspot then it works.

You can tell if you accidentally hit red button by bringing up wi-fi on your iPhone - if you see gs911 it’s in “‘wrong” mode.

The easier approach is if you connect both iPhone and gs911 to a “common” wifi router with internet access - like at a hotel.   I’ve had 100% success with that configuration.  Maybe 75-80% success hotspotting the iPhone

Tom Cutter

Jan 6, 2024, 3:37:21 AMJan 6
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
Duc-

Drop a note to Hexcode.za, who make the GS-911. I remember that’s what I had to do when I upgraded. IIRC, there was a confusing bit in the instructions.

Tom Cutter
Rubber Chicken Racing Garage
Yardley, PA USA
RubberChickenRacingGarage.com