issue with my r1250gs

Mourtada Charif EL Husseini

Jan 22, 2024, 7:28:10 AMJan 22
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
hello, i have issue with my motorcycle. the abs light is on. speedometer not working. riding modes not working. to turn off the motorcycle i must long press the igntion button. Any help with this issue. i have the gs911 tool and these are the fault codes :  0xCD9422 ,  0xCD9448,  0xCD94BA,  0xD11422,  0x022900. thanks for helping

Dave Fahringer

Jan 22, 2024, 7:30:43 AMJan 22
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
This may or may not help you out, but I've seen on two bikes now where the ABS Sensor on the front wheel gets coated with schmutz - road grime, old rubber bits from tires and brake dust.   If you take the T25 torx screw out and carefully pull it back you can clean it off pretty easily - in my case that has fixed that issue.

Good luck,
Dave

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 6:28 AM Mourtada Charif EL Husseini <mourtada...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello, i have issue with my motorcycle. the abs light is on. speedometer not working. riding modes not working. to turn off the motorcycle i must long press the igntion button. Any help with this issue. i have the gs911 tool and these are the fault codes :  0xCD9422 ,  0xCD9448,  0xCD94BA,  0xD11422,  0x022900. thanks for helping

Peet Badenhorst

Jan 22, 2024, 7:30:52 AMJan 22
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Seems your ABS is at fault. It reports being in Energy saving mode.
It is also not sending out the speed and other codes on the CAN bus to the engine controller, instrument cluster, body controller etc. and they are therefor complaining.
Regards

Mourtada Charif EL Husseini

Jan 22, 2024, 8:29:31 AMJan 22
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
thanks for the reply. Any option to help me sort out this issue?

Regards,

Peet Badenhorst

Jan 22, 2024, 8:31:12 AMJan 22
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
Sorry, only the dealer tool can currently change the operating mode or the firmware of a control unit.
Regards

Caspar Berends

Jan 22, 2024, 8:34:51 AMJan 22
to gs-...@googlegroups.com
You might want to check the battery too! All kind of errors can be caused by bad battery.

Thanks,
Caspar
Sendt fra min iPhone

Op 22 jan 2024 om 14:31 heeft 'Peet Badenhorst' via GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles <gs-...@googlegroups.com> het volgende geschreven:

Sorry, only the dealer tool can currently change the operating mode or the firmware of a control unit.

Jim5941

Jan 22, 2024, 3:02:23 PMJan 22
to GS-911 Field Diagnostic Tool for BMW motorcycles
The suggestions of cleaning the ABS sensors and checking battery state-of-charge are simple excellent ideas.

I would add:
* carefully inspect the sensor rings on the rims for dings/dents/damage
* Failing other findings, I'd disconnect the battery overnight to allow the on-board computers to "reset".

Note that if you do that, the bike will forget the date and the service light will come on ...