Southern Tier Esperanto?

Malachi Doane

May 2, 2013, 8:11:36 AM5/2/13
to gru...@googlegroups.com
Any groups in the Southern Tier?

 I'm interested in learning but trying to narrow down where I might find some people actually doing it locally to the Elmira area.

Ŝtonĉjo

May 2, 2013, 11:08:28 AM5/2/13
to gru...@googlegroups.com
Mi ne komprenas, pri kie vi parolas? Kie trovighas Elmira, Suda "Tier"?

Darcy Ross

May 2, 2013, 12:02:53 PM5/2/13
to gru...@googlegroups.com
Is that in New York? I should know some folks out that way, though I'm not sure how close to you exactly.
Darcy

Darcy L. Ross
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign 2012
Integrative Biology Honors
Sears Research Group
Chancellor's Scholar
Journal of Young Investigators News & Features Editor

Hoss Firooznia

May 2, 2013, 2:32:28 PM5/2/13
to gru...@googlegroups.com
Tintintin! Jes, Darcy pravas! :-) La "Suda Vico" estas loka nomo por la strio de novjorkaj konteoj laŭ la sudokcidenta bordo kun Pensilvanio, ĝuste sude de la pitoreska regiono de la "fingrolagoj". Tio estas apud mi!

Dingdingding! Darcy's got it. :-) The "Southern Tier" is a local name for the string of New York counties that lie along the border with Pennsylvania, just south of the scenic Finger Lakes region. That's near me!

Malachi: I'm not sure about groups in Elmira or Corning, but we do have a group up here in Rochester. We're not that close to you, but if you wander out this way we do have a free course coming up in the Fall semester at UR, and there are occasional get-togethers. You can learn more at: <http://esperanto.lodestone.org>.

Finally, NASK is coming up in late June at William Peace University in Raleigh, North Carolina. It's a prestigious week-long set of courses for various skill levels, with students and instructors from around the world. Each year it moves to a different host city; typically it's on the west coast, but this year it's (relatively) nearby to us. If you want to dramatically improve your speaking skills (and have a load of fun doing so), I strongly recommend it! <http://esperanto.org/nask>.

Finally -- if you have any questions while learning, I'd be glad to help.

Amike,
- Hoss

Malachi Doane

May 23, 2013, 8:35:46 PM5/23/13
to gru...@googlegroups.com
Dankon Hoss,

  Mi ne surprizis... La plej bona kulturo en la "suda vico" unu trovas en la laktejo!

    I will persevere on my own and with the aid of things like Twitter and G+, inter-library loan  and the like  mi lernos!

   Ĝis,

   Mal
Message has been deleted