Www Apple Com Mac Garageband

Michael

Jun 28, 2024, 9:55:27 PM (7 days ago) Jun 28
to grumkowrareg

I've become very frustrated because with the Yosemite and Garageband updates, now when I create music in Garageband on my Macbook Pro, and then export the finished file to iTunes, there is no way I am seeing to transfer it to my iPhone 6s. I have Apple Music, so everything has to be in iCloud I think. However, my songs I created in Garageband have a cloud icon with a slash through it next to these songs. It is so frustrating not to be able to have my own music across devices! Any ideas?

As long as the iCloud Music library is enabled on all your devices, all your music should be accessible: Sync Apple Music across your iPhone, iPad, iPodtouchand computer. The icon you are describing indicates a duplicate version of the song exists in the iTunes library on your computer. You can see what all the icons are by looking here: About iCloud Music Library icons and status. You can check for duplicates by following these instructions: Find and remove duplicate items in your iTunes library

I checked and iCloud is enabled on all of my devices. All of my other music that I "add to my library" from Apple Music syncs fine. However, the music that I create in GarageBand on my computer and then export to itunes will not transfer to my iPhone. Even when I plugged it in by USB, it wouldn't work. I don't understand why these two apple programs would not be compatible.

To originally export from Garageband (version 10), I hit "Share" and then "Song to iTunes" which puts it in the correct audio format. It shows up in my iTunes library fine. However, I have Apple Music, and iCloud Music Library is enabled on both my Macbook pro and my iPhone. So, my GarageBand songs did not show up on my iPhone presumably because Apple cannot match the file with anything available in the iTunes Store. However, in the past, my GarageBand songs would appear in my music on my iPhone no problem. It's just now that it stopped working (updated to Yosemite and Garageband 10). I have received the notification that my songs "aren't eligible for iCloud" which doesn't make sense to me. I also tried hooking up my phone via USB to my computer and syncing it that way. I have it set to import everything. However, the songs didn't show up after doing that either. Any suggestions?

When Apple is not able to match one of the songs in iTunes, the song is uploaded to iCloud to make it available to all your other devices. You can see the details here: Add music from your own collection to your Apple Music library

When GarageBand exports a song to iTunes it is typically in AAC format by default. This should allow it to be synced to your iPhone. Since it is not letting that happen, try changing the format to MP3 and see if that allows it to upload. Here is how to convert a song that is already in iTunes:

You'll also want to ensure that when sending the song to iTunes in GarageBand, you're selecting a quality higher than 96 Kbps. From our About iCloud Music Library icons and status page, files encoded at 96 Kbps or less are not eligible for upload.

7fc3f7cf58