Our West Michigan Client has a great opportunity for a Sr System Administrator. In this position you will use a variety of your skills and talents to handle everything from Server Administration, Virtualization and phone systems to ERP customization. This is with a rapidly growing company with approximately 100 global employees. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys autonomy, can work with in both Windows and Linux environments, and enjoys advising on ways to improve corporate technology.
· Architect / Build / Support server computers (Linux, Windows Domain Active Directory
· and Exchange server)
· Architect / Build / Support networks (internal hardwired, wireless, WAN, VPN)
· Install / Maintain infrastructure software (Off the shelf and Open Source)
· Support users of the infrastructure (Windows, iOS, Linux, smartphones, tablets):
· Configure, install and troubleshoot systems and peripherals, provide helpdesk support for organization and provide training
· Maintains hardware and software inventory
· Familiarity with disk, appliance and cloud-based backup solutions
· Familiar with anti-virus, anti-malware and other associated technologies
· Conduct security assessments to ensure adherence to customer specific security policy, procedures and industry standards.
· Monitor, evaluate, and maintain security systems according to industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
· Assist with the review and definition of security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they are designed to comply with established standards.
· Investigate security violations and breaches; Prepares reports on intrusions as necessary.
· Review firewall logs across the assigned area. Configure firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other network security devices across assigned area.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· CISSP certification preferred
· 2+ years of computer science, management information systems, or data security experience
· Experience working with information and network security practices
· Experience working in Microsoft and Linux environments
· Experience working with security software packages
· Experience working with security architecture
· Analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
· Skilled in implementing and configuring networks and network components
· Ability to work with relational databases