[OFFTOPIC] Volunteer SM & WP Work Available

Adam Tauno Williams

Dec 3, 2016, 8:15:21 PM12/3/16
to gr...@googlegroups.com
I know this is off-topic but this list has the most credible collection
of people I know.

###

Volunteer - although some compensation possible - possibility; could be
a nice resume builder for a college student. This has serious
networking potential, especially for someone interested in working in
the non-profit or civic realm [we have recommended people to internships
at law & policy institutes in the past, etc...]

MARP [Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers] is a 501c3 non-profit
which works with MDOT, Amtrak, Indian Trails, Greyhound, Michigan
Environmental Council (MEC), the Environmental Law & Policy Center
(ELPC), the Groundworks Foundation, MHSR, local transit agencies, and
other groups to facilitate and advocate for inter-city transportation.

Today MARP's executive committee (which includes me) voted to suspend
funding of our 'old media' print publication(s) and **allocated a
budget** for furthering our Social Media and online presence (long
overdue).

Currently the organization has a [terrible] WordPress site and vastly
underutilized Twitter and Facebook accounts.

If you, or someone you know, is interested in this opportunity send me a
message off-list [as this is off-topic] or give me a call and I will buy
you/them a beer and we can talk.

Adam Tauno Williams, <awil...@whitemice.org> 616.581.8010
Meeting Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers