Python Job Opportunity in Grand Rapids

Corey Miller

Oct 15, 2015, 11:55:55 AM10/15/15
to GRPUG: Grand Rapids Python Users Group

Good Morning Pythonistas!

I have been in communication with Ben in regards to a local Python development opportunity and he was gracious enough to allow me to send out a quick note out to the group with details.

Below is brief description of the opportunity followed by a wish list of desired skills. They are not expecting someone to come through that can check all of the boxes per say. They are really looking for someone who is willing to learn and grow with their team. This is a full time opportunity with a Grand Rapids based organization.

If you have any interest in further details or know of anyone that may be interested, please feel free to send me an email response or give me a call at 616-974-1194.

Thank you for your time, have a great rest of your day!

Python Integration Developer

A well-qualified candidate is comfortable with talking to the clients and vendors, understanding the unique requirements of retailer to lending institution communication, and the ability to reconcile technology utilization with business and user purpose.

The integration team is a small, tight-knit business and integration development team. Each team member is self-sufficient but available for mentoring and to be mentored – no egos need apply. On any given day you could be researching a production issue, developing web interface to a core integration system, or creating a protocol for transmission of secure financial information. We shave square pegs and chisel corners in round holes.

Job Description

We are looking for a Python Integration Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and API consumers. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to front-end requests, as well as abstraction of business logic on our legacy core system. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.

Responsibilities

  - Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code

  - Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications

  - Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic

  - Implementation of at least FIPS 140-2 compliant security and data protection

  - Integration of data persistence using RDMS on several platforms.

  - Efficient and inclusive logging for post-mortem and regulatory compliance verification.

Skills and Qualifications

Required:

  - Unquenchable thirst for knowledge

  - Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Flask or Bottle.

  - Familiarity with MySQL including RDMS performance and availability

  - Able to integrate multiple data sources, formats, and databases into one system

  - Familiarity with JSON/HAL, XML, XSLT and document format specifications.

- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance, AES, 3DES and other FIPS 140-2 encryption approaches.

- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application

- Familiarity with RESTful design architecture

- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes with consideration of regulatory compliance and data security.

Desired:

  - Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as JavaScript, HTML5, and CSS3

  - Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture, specifically experience with Gevent and greenlets.

  - Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments including Apache Basic, XMLDSig and OAuth.

  - Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python

  - Strong unit test, functional testing and debugging skills

  - Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN

  - Basic understanding of IBM i systems and RPGLE