Accesați primul mesaj necitit

p.o.seidon

necitită,
20 oct. 2021, 07:56:3620.10.2021
– grpc.io
I use gRPC in my program, where it reads

import grpc

which calls

from grpc import _compression

which calls

from grpc import _compression

which causes

builtins.ImportError: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/grpc/_cython/cygrpc.cpython-37m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so)

I am on a RasPi 4 / 8 GB, Raspberry OS / Buster, installed a few days ago. I installed gRPC by issueing

sudo pip3 install grpcio -U
sudo pip3 install grpcio -tools -U

Issueing ldd --version yields

ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.28-10+rpt2+rpi1) 2.28

What am I supposed to do now?

Cheers Paul

Richard Belleville

necitită,
20 oct. 2021, 14:15:4420.10.2021
– grpc.io
If the precompiled binaries do not meet the constraints of your runtime environment, you can also build from source using pip install --no-binary. Alternatively, you could check out the artifacts hosted at piwheels.

p.o.seidon

necitită,
21 oct. 2021, 14:07:0321.10.2021
– grpc.io
--no-binary=grpcio
--no-binary=grpcio-tools

Worx. Thank you so much!

Cheers Paul

Antonio Orozco

necitită,
25 oct. 2021, 23:14:3625.10.2021
– grpc.io
Hi,

Running into the same problem, "--no-binary=grpcio" did not work for me. What are the exact commands that you ran?

ImportError: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /home/antonio/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/grpc/_cython/cygrpc.cpython-37m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so

p.o.seidon

necitită,
27 nov. 2021, 06:07:5427.11.2021
– grpc.io
sudo pip3 install grpcio -tools -U --no-binary=grpcio --no-binary=grpcio-tools

p.o.seidon

necitită,
27 nov. 2021, 06:16:5927.11.2021
– grpc.io
Had a look into my install script to be precise. There it reads:
os.system( "sudo pip3 install -U grpcio --no-binary=grpcio")
os.system( "sudo pip3 install -U grpcio-tools --no-binary=grpcio-tools")

Cheers
Paul

Christopher Connor

necitită,
4 ian. 2022, 09:33:5204.01.2022
– grpc.io
Hi,

I am running into the same issue with Google Cloud IOT API  on Raspberry PI 4.  Tried the above commands to re-install the grpcio modules, but still not working.

  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/google/cloud/iot_v1/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
    from .services.device_manager import DeviceManagerClient
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/google/cloud/iot_v1/services/device_manager/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from .client import DeviceManagerClient
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/google/cloud/iot_v1/services/device_manager/client.py", line 25, in <module>
    from google.api_core import gapic_v1  # type: ignore
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/google/api_core/gapic_v1/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from google.api_core.gapic_v1 import config
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/google/api_core/gapic_v1/config.py", line 23, in <module>
    import grpc
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/grpc/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from grpc import _compression
  File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/grpc/_compression.py", line 15, in <module>
    from grpc._cython import cygrpc
ImportError: /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /home/pi/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/grpc/_cython/cygrpc.cpython-37m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so)

Info of the Pi:

OS Release notes:

$ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

Debian version:
$ cat /etc/debian_version
10.11

Kernel version:
$ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 5.10.63-v7l+ #1496 SMP Wed Dec 1 15:58:56 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

Richard Mejia

necitită,
27 ian. 2022, 15:43:1727.01.2022
– grpc.io

Hola, tenego el mismo problema, alguna solucion?

Antonio Orozco

necitită,
27 ian. 2022, 17:35:5927.01.2022
– grpc.io
No solution yet. If you really want to use python api package, you may need to install ubuntu or other supported os. Otherwise, use other package for C++, Go (those work for me).

Richard Mejia

necitită,
27 ian. 2022, 18:43:3927.01.2022
– grpc.io
Mi problema sucedía con el raspbian buster recien descargado en raspberry pi4, al momento de llamar a la biblioteca de google cloud vision. Encontré que tenia instalado la versión de grpcio==1.43.0, he degradado a la version grpcio==1.40.0. El problema ha desaparecido.

Antonio Orozco

necitită,
27 ian. 2022, 23:01:2927.01.2022
– grpc.io
That is great to know. I think I tried installing that version of grpcio, but was not able to. When you get the chance, please post the commands you ran to downgrade/reinstall version 1.40.0, thanks.

Iestyn Lloyd

necitită,
7 mai 2022, 03:53:2607.05.2022
– grpc.io
I found this thread via Google, and have fixed for me, so thought i'd share for future Googlers.
I tried everything, including breaking everything and having to re-image my Pi from a backup..

1. Uninstall the offending packages.
Using pip list, check your virtual env if you're using one, and remove from there too. Remove from everywhere. Set it on fire.

pip uninstall grpcio
pip uninstall grpcio-status

Then install an earlier version of grpcio and grpcio-status. Not sure if something broke in a recent one?

pip install grpcio==1.44.0 --no-binary=grpcio
pip install grpcio-tools==1.44.0 --no-binary=grpcio-tools

This then fixed the GLIBC_2.33 not found for me.

Kenny Tovar

necitită,
9 mai 2022, 23:36:2409.05.2022
– grpc.io
Thank you for this.  I had the same issue and your instructions resolved it for me.

Nick Locascio

necitită,
26 mai 2022, 17:19:0426.05.2022
– grpc.io
How long did it take for this solution to work? I ran the first new install command and it is taking forever to install. Just wanted to see if this is normal or not.

Jithish J

necitită,
30 mai 2022, 23:05:3630.05.2022
– grpc.io
Worked for me too!. Takes 15-20 minutes.

obinna _Ac

necitită,
27 iun. 2022, 01:59:0327.06.2022
– grpc.io
thanks, this worked for me

Amanda Reich

necitită,
9 aug. 2022, 11:26:2109.08.2022
– grpc.io
hello! I'm still having this issue and this solution has not worked. I get the message "running setup.py install for grpcio", and it never completes the installation. I've even let it run for a full day. are there any other solutions?

Jeffrey Berg

necitită,
16 feb. 2023, 21:30:4116.02.2023
– grpc.io
@Amanda

I assume you either got it to work or have given up by now.  So, this is for others.
When you run the pip install with --no-binary option, it builds from a compressed archive (from source code).
I have built the grpc libraries from source before, and there are a ton of dependencies, so keep these in mind:
  • If you are building on an ARM system, it's going to take a long time.  It took 3-4 hours on my system.
  • Watch a separate tab with htop running, and monitor your memory usage
    • If memory runs out, your system will crash, but it will look like its still running if you are remoted into it
      • In this case you can create a swap file (I use a 6GB swap file) for extra memory during builds
    • My minimal hardware crashes, and even the local serial terminal is unusable (have to reboot the system)
  • Periodically check df -h ("disk free" with human readable output)
    • Python will do the build in /tmp, which often does not have enough storage allocated to complete the build
      • GRPC will be several GB by the time it's done
    • You can use "export TMPDIR=/home/yourID/someOtherDestination" to get the build to take place somewhere else
Good luck everyone.

Richard Belleville

necitită,
22 feb. 2023, 13:31:0722.02.2023
– grpc.io
> Alternatively, you could check out the artifacts hosted at piwheels.

To install from piwheels, run the following:

pip install --extra-index-url=https://www.piwheels.org/simple grpcio grpcio-tools

This will avoid a from-source build, which is usually difficult on resource-constrainted Raspberry pis.

If you're still seeing the glibc version requirement higher than the glibc installed (as indicated by ldd --version), then you might consider updating your distro with sudo apt dist-upgrade.
Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați
0 mesaje noi