[grpc-java 0.14.0] Use EpollEventLoopGroup in gRPC?

Taehyun Park

May 25, 2016, 1:54:23 AM5/25/16
to grpc.io
I tried to use EpollEventGroup on the server but it gives me an error that it's not a compatible event loop type. Is there any chance to support an Epoll event loop type in gRPC?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: incompatible event loop type: io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop

        at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.register(AbstractChannel.java:466)

        at io.netty.channel.SingleThreadEventLoop.register(SingleThreadEventLoop.java:68)

        at io.netty.channel.SingleThreadEventLoop.register(SingleThreadEventLoop.java:56)

        at io.netty.channel.MultithreadEventLoopGroup.register(MultithreadEventLoopGroup.java:75)

        at io.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.initAndRegister(AbstractBootstrap.java:325)

        at io.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.doBind(AbstractBootstrap.java:281)

        at io.netty.bootstrap.AbstractBootstrap.bind(AbstractBootstrap.java:277)

        at io.grpc.netty.NettyServer.start(NettyServer.java:140)

Above is the full stack trace of the exception.

Eric Anderson

May 25, 2016, 1:50:09 PM5/25/16
to Taehyun Park, grpc.io
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Taehyun Park <gold.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried to use EpollEventGroup on the server but it gives me an error that it's not a compatible event loop type. Is there any chance to support an Epoll event loop type in gRPC?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: incompatible event loop type: io.netty.channel.epoll.EpollEventLoop

You need to specify the event loop as well. We've got some code that does it for client and server (you may not need to use Class.forName; that may be a relic).
Message has been deleted