<Server Threadpool Exhausted> ResourceQuota::SetMaxThreads - C++ - How does it work?

Rajanarayana A

Jul 1, 2022, 9:25:52 AM7/1/22
to grpc.io
Hello,

Can anyone please explain how ResourceQuota::SetMaxThreads actually works under the hood?

For example, if I set the max threads to 2
rq.SetMaxThreads(2);

One thread for completion queue and another thread to serve RPC. Is this understanding correct?

What happens when we get burst of RPCs(Say 50 RPCs at a given moment)? Since we have defined maximum threads as 2, will few RPCs are rejected by "Server Threadpool Exhausted" ?

Thanks,
Raj

Rajanarayana A

Jul 1, 2022, 9:27:28 AM7/1/22
to grpc.io
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is Sync gRPC server.