Re: [grpc-kotlin] Throwing exception in ServerCall.Listener

Message has been deleted

James Ward

Oct 26, 2022, 4:03:22 PMOct 26
to grpc.io
Hi Reg, I'm not sure what the answer is but this is something not specific to gRPC Kotlin as it is just about how this is handled in gRPC Java.  So hopefully someone here who knows about gRPC Java can answer this.

-James

On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 2:25:17 PM UTC-6 Reginald Mcdonald wrote:
Hi All,

We have followed the advice mentioned in this Github issue to implement a ServerCall that properly maps exceptions to their appropriate status code. However, we've noticed this does not properly map exceptions thrown from a ServerCall.Listener.

Our question is - is throwing from one of the ServerCall.Listener methods supported (e.g. onMessage)?

Thanks!

 Reg

Reginald Mcdonald

Oct 26, 2022, 6:14:17 PMOct 26
to grpc.io
Thanks James, I'll repost the question to remove the grpc-kotlin tag to gain better visibility.

Reg