How to unit test grpc services api in ci/cd

Sunandan Nandi

May 2, 2021, 12:10:10 PM5/2/21
to grpc.io
Hi,
I am using unit test framework like catch2. Can any one suggest how to test my grpc service APIs.
Regards,
Sunandan

AJ Heller

May 5, 2021, 2:21:41 PM5/5/21
to grpc.io
Hi Sunandan. For unit tests, it's first worth trying to test your business logic in isolation from gRPC. For integration tests, you could run your service and exercise it with test clients (your CI environment may be opinionated on how to automate that). We also have a doc that offers one suggestion as to how you might test client logic https://github.com/grpc/grpc/blob/master/doc/unit_testing.md