what is Grpc c++ Release version matching to minimum gcc 4.8.1

Rajesh Venmanad

May 18, 2022, 1:26:18 AMMay 18
to grpc.io
Hi
  I have a query on how to find the minimum GCC version for a specific GRPC C++ release.
  Iam aware that the current release of GRPC C++ requires minimum 5.1 GCC.

  For 1.41 release https://github.com/grpc/grpc/tree/v1.41.x/src/cpp it is mentioned as GCC 4.9+ for Linux based OS .
 I don't see the same kind of info for the earlier release.

 Please share what releases of GRPC  C++ maps to minimum GCC 4.8.1 if some is aware ?

Can some one help me out .

Regards
Rajesh

veb...@google.com

May 25, 2022, 6:08:02 PMMay 25
to grpc.io
Hey Rajesh,

I believe that 1.45.2 would be the last version to support GCC 4.8 since the test with gcc 4.8 was removed from 1.46.0. If it isn't working, you can try older versions from 1.44.x. I bet you can find the right one soon.
In addition to this, I'd recommend you to stick with the latest version if possible because we don't maintain old versions.

Regards,
Esun.