GRPC proto_utils and proto_buffer_reader working in some VMs but not others

Henry Hung

Dec 1, 2021, 6:50:52 PM12/1/21
to grpc.io
We are building a C++ server and corresponding client program using GRPC v1.41.1. We run our programs on Ubuntu VMs with GRPC and Protobuf (version 3.19) installed. We are using the sync version of GRPC with simple protobuf messages (strings and ints)

When we ran our programs on different VMs, we noticed that they work perfectly on some VMs but return the following errors (see attached images) on others. What would be some possible explanation for this?

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 8.32.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-12-01 at 6.25.06 PM.png