Grpc c++ server compiling using was

revathi anbumalar

Jun 10, 2024, 11:25:27 PMJun 10
to grp...@googlegroups.com
I have a sample c++ grpc server application which works fine. Now I am trying to compile it using Wasi (emcc) I am getting compilation error in protobuf. Can any one help on this?

Eugene Ostroukhov

Jun 11, 2024, 5:37:30 PMJun 11
to grpc.io
Please provide the error message. I am not sure if this was attempted before (or what you are trying to achieve)...

revathi anbumalar

Jun 13, 2024, 6:50:22 AMJun 13
to grpc.io
Getting few errors like below for the sample when compiling using emcc

 453 | #error "Could not auto-detect platform"
543 | #error Must define exactly one of GPR_GCC_ATOMIC, GPR_GCC_SYNC, GPR_WINDOWS_ATOMIC
547 | #error Must define exactly one of GPR_ARCH_32, GPR_ARCH_64
553 | #error Must define exactly one of GPR_CPU_LINUX, GPR_CPU_POSIX, GPR_WINDOWS, GPR_CPU_IPHONE, GPR_CPU_CUSTOM
81 | #error could not determine platform for atm
codegen/atm.h:91:53: error: unknown type name 'gpr_atm'
   91 |                                        gpr_atm min, gpr_atm max);

veb...@google.com

Jun 13, 2024, 1:34:07 PMJun 13
to grpc.io
Building gRPC with emcc is not officially supported at this time. If this is important to you, we welcome your contributions to gRPC.

Eugene Ostroukhov

Jun 14, 2024, 2:34:04 PMJun 14
to revathi anbumalar, grpc.io
gRPC does not support WASI platform.