dns resolver crash

Amber Hu

Jun 8, 2024, 9:49:54 AMJun 8
to grpc.io
Hi Experts,

We are using gRPC 1.47.5 and found a crash in the daemon acting as gRPC client if there is network disrupt. From the stack, I could see it is the same issue as https://github.com/grpc/grpc/pull/29903. My question is when I try to reproduce it on another similar setup using same gRPC version by disconnecting the network, but could not get the daemon crash. I could not understand what difference in the setup might cause the different behavior, so I turn to seek help here.
Thanks for your time.
BR/Amber

Mark D. Roth

Jun 13, 2024, 1:48:25 PMJun 13
to grpc.io
The behavior of that bug is not going to behave deterministically.  It depends on the exact timing of activity in multiple threads, so I don't think it's something you'll be able to consistently reproduce.

I suggest that you upgrade to a more recent version of gRPC.