Urgent: Load/Performance tool for all types of GRPC calls??

Irfan Hassam

Mar 26, 2024, 2:09:28 AMMar 26
to grpc.io
Hello,

I have tried to test my grpc server with jmeter plugin jmeter-grpc-request but for server streaming response it was not working.
Now i am using k6 but for k6 server streaming message i am not able to send my accesstoken. Is there any tool that i can use for grpc load testing or if above can be used. Kindly help.

Thankyou,
Irfan

Larry Safran

Jun 5, 2024, 1:17:25 PMJun 5
to grpc.io
You could try using Postman.  They have been supporting gRPC for a couple of years.  https://blog.postman.com/postman-now-supports-grpc/

Juande Manjon

Jun 7, 2024, 2:28:27 PMJun 7
to Larry Safran, grpc.io
Postman supports streaming but you have to wait until the stream is closed to see the messages.

For streaming I am using grpcurl

Juande

Henry Q

Jun 14, 2024, 2:34:37 PMJun 14
to Juande Manjon, Larry Safran, grpc.io
Neither postman nor grpcurl is designed for load testing, as far as I'm aware.

https://ghz.sh/ is at least advertised to do this.
If that doesn't work, I would just write a little code for your use case using something generic like Perf:

Henry