How do I uninstall Growl?

Scott Hamann

Jun 10, 2020, 10:51:58 PM6/10/20
to Growl Discuss
For several years, I have had a pop up prompting me to download a Growl update. When I click on the notification, it does nothing. There is no Growl application in my Applications folder. There is no way to remove this software. The Growl website offers an uninstall download, but that page is dead and will not load. I am stuck with this outdated software. Feels like I've caught GROWL-19. There appears to be no customer service to help with the issue. It won't go away, so I just X out of the update notification every time my computer starts up.

Charlie S

Jun 10, 2020, 10:55:27 PM6/10/20
to growld...@googlegroups.com
This might explain what might have happened: Applications that install Growl without your permission

----
Charlie Schloss

Why Open the Web?

Despite the connecting purpose of the Web, it is not entirely open to all of its users. When used correctly, HTML documents can be displayed across platforms and devices. However, many devices are excluded access to Web content.