Re: [growl-discuss] Digest for growldiscuss@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Michael Newman

Jan 1, 2020, 6:37:31 PM1/1/20
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Isn’t there someone who is familiar with the code who could have a look and determine under exactly what circumstances this specific error message is generated?

On Jan 2, 2020, at 06:23, growld...@googlegroups.com wrote:

MGN Google <mike.g...@gmail.com>: Jan 01 06:35AM +0700

It was a dyndns domain. TLD was tv. I switched DDNS providers because the Dyn update client worked so poorly.

--
www.mgnewman.com

Chris Forsythe

Jan 2, 2020, 9:21:39 AM1/2/20
to Growl Discuss
We don't have something in the code which says "make everything work except for .rocks". I looked at the code and I haven't found anything on it as of yet. We have a bit of code which does check to see if a domain is valid. If you want to look at it yourself I can send you the link to it, but frankly I've been looking at it for a bit and haven't found anything on it as of yet. I'll keep looking though I did find some emails from 2015 about something similar with a .name domain.

Chris Forsythe

Michael Newman

Jan 2, 2020, 6:52:08 PM1/2/20
to Growl Discuss
Can you just describe how the code checks to see if a domain name is valid? I doubt I would understand the code itself.

MGN Google <mike....@gmail.com>: Jan 01 06:35AM +0700