Growl visual notifications randomly stop showing up

ILJA SHEBALIN

Nov 13, 2018, 9:51:01 PM11/13/18
to growld...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
At some moment Growl visual notifications stop displaying itself both in a registered app and in Growl itself (that is, when you click "display" on the notifications prefs pane). The log entry is created. The exception is only 3 kinds that's being displayed normally: Bezel, Music Video and Nano. The rest are idle. I read on the Growl's site that the notifications use different frameworks or smth. Could it be the cause of such inconsistency? Any recipes of how to make them active automatically?

Kindest regards,
IS

Chris Forsythe

Nov 19, 2018, 10:07:29 AM11/19/18
to Growl Discuss
So some questions on this:

Does Smoke work?

What version of Growl are you using?

If you have a history tab, are you seeing the notifications there which you are expecting but are not appearing?

Chris Forsythe

ILJA SHEBALIN

Nov 21, 2018, 11:55:07 AM11/21/18
to growld...@googlegroups.com
No, Smoke doesn't work either and  the version is 2.1.3

Chris Forsythe

Nov 21, 2018, 12:24:45 PM11/21/18
to Growl Discuss
OK, so that eliminates it being isolated to webkit based displays.

Is there anything in Console for Growl with regards to when notes are supposed to display while using Smoke?

ILJA SHEBALIN

Nov 21, 2018, 1:02:51 PM11/21/18
to growld...@googlegroups.com
I don't use Smoke for most of my apps. When the behavior manifests no notifications are displayed (except mentioned) even as a preview in the preferences. I do have few crash logs and sample results  generated over past year at different times, if those may be of some interest:
Growl sample.txt
Growl_2017-03-23-130007_Axe.crash
Growl error log - graphics.log
Growl_2017-03-23-130007_Axe.crash
Growl_2017-03-23-130007_Axe.crash

Chris Forsythe

Nov 21, 2018, 2:20:01 PM11/21/18
to Growl Discuss
The reason I say to try with smoke as a test is because it doesn't use webkit. Bezel and Music Video also do not.

21.11.2018, в 19:24, Chris Forsythe написал(а):

--
Chris Forsythe