Chrome/Growl extension

Brian Dunnington

Aug 9, 2010, 5:09:30 PM8/9/10
to growl for windows
Route Chrome's desktop notifications through Growl for Windows:

https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/efihdfpglnibppjnmnpbmdglmlljgcbk

here is a screencast of it in action: http://screenr.com/LfA

try it out and let me know if you have any feedback. (you can try out
a quick sample at this url: http://0xfe.muthanna.com/notifyme.html)

mason

Aug 14, 2010, 2:34:51 AM8/14/10
to growl for windows
It doesn't work on 6.0.490.1.

On Aug 9, 2:09 pm, Brian Dunnington <briandunning...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Route Chrome's desktop notifications through Growl for Windows:
>
> https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/efihdfpglnibppjnmnpbmdglm...

Brian Dunnington

Aug 14, 2010, 9:12:35 PM8/14/10
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
thanks. the extension is only built to work with the current release
versions (5.0.375.126 i believe is the most recent). i will work on
making the extension work with the current beta (6.* versions) and
post an update when i have something ready.

also note that the extension only works for desktop notifications sent
from webpages. Chrome also allows other extensions to send desktop
notifications, but my extension cannot currently intercept those due
to the way extensions are sandboxed from each other.

Brian Dunnington

Aug 14, 2010, 11:21:32 PM8/14/10
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
it works for me in version 6.0.472.33 (beta). is the version you
referring to a nightly/canary build? can you provide me a url that is
not working? thanks.

mason

Aug 16, 2010, 2:00:52 AM8/16/10
to growl for windows
I'm using the dev version.

On Aug 14, 8:21 pm, Brian Dunnington <briandunning...@gmail.com>

Brian Dunnington

Aug 17, 2010, 8:24:38 PM8/17/10
On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM, mason <masonw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the dev version.

and what is the url of a page where it is not working?

mason

Aug 22, 2010, 5:25:45 PM8/22/10
to growl for windows
http://www.html5rocks.com/tutorials/notifications/quick/

I think I didn't work on that, but I can try again.

On Aug 17, 5:24 pm, Brian Dunnington <briandunning...@gmail.com>

Brian Dunnington

Aug 22, 2010, 11:53:45 PM8/22/10
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
when the extension was originally released, it didnt work all of the
time for pages that loaded via frames. the page you mention was one of
those pages, and i fixed the bug in the 1.0.1 version. if you have not
done so, please update to that version. the page you mention works
fine for me now with the update, so please let me know if it solves
the issue for you or if you still have problems.

CT

Mar 12, 2016, 4:49:35 AM3/12/16
to growl for windows
hey man, any chance for an update to this awesome extension? ;D

(currently cannot install from chrome store, marked as incompatible, version 48.0.2564.103)