iTunes Plugin doesn't support 64-bit iTunes (12.1.1.4)

Jesse Wallace

Feb 24, 2015, 2:16:39 PM2/24/15
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
iTunes was recently updated by Apple to be 64-bit (version 12.1.1.4) which breaks the Growl for iTunes plugin.  After updating iTunes it stopped working so I reinstalled and when I restarted iTunes it said it couldn't load "Growl.blah.blah.blah" or something like that because it wasn't 64-bit.  I wouldn't imagine it would be that hard to update the plugin to be 64-bit.

Thanks,

                   - Jesse

Nic Clark

May 12, 2015, 12:07:59 AM5/12/15
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
I've had the same issue Jesse, have you managed to work around this?

If not, can Growl give an response to when an 64-bit update will be available?

Cheers, Nic

fpete...@mobiletrend.de

Jul 24, 2015, 7:20:14 PM7/24/15
to growl for windows, niccl...@gmail.com
Same here, finde das Projekt echt super, sieht aber so aus leider als ob die Entwicklung seit ein paar Jahren eingestellt wurde? Äußern sich überhaupt noch Autoren? Würde mich freuen wenn´s wieder zum laufen gebracht werden würde!

Jeff Carroccio

Mar 4, 2016, 10:31:50 AM3/4/16
to growl for windows
Hey Growl for Windows....

Has this been updated yet?!?

rotane

Sep 27, 2016, 7:26:37 AM9/27/16
to growl for windows, c0deous....@gmail.com
I had noticed the same thing. But then i noticed something even stranger: Inside the Plugin folder (1) lies an executable: "GrowlExtras.ITunesPlugin.exe". If you manually start this, the plugin works again, as it should.

Oh, and don't worry about the error message. Click "don't notify me again". That's what i did.

FYI: I'm on iTunes 12.5.1 64bit, on Windows 7 64bit.

(1) in my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\Plug-Ins\GrowlPlugin

Cameron Dehais

May 10, 2017, 9:32:03 AM5/10/17
to growl for windows, c0deous....@gmail.com
This workaround did the trick for me (iTunes 12.6.0.100, Windows 10 64 bit), but it will stop working as soon as I close out of iTunes. Re-starting "GrowlExtras.ITunesPlugin.exe"  makes it work again, but I don't want to have to do this manually every time I open iTunes. Any thoughts on how to get it to work automatically?

rotane

May 10, 2017, 12:55:09 PM5/10/17
to growl for windows, c0deous....@gmail.com
Unfortunately not. I tried writing an AutoHotkey script that checks if iTunes is running, and if it is, runs the plugin. But i couldn't get it to work. Instead, i have put a shortcut in my startmenu that i just click after i start iTunes. Since iTunes is running all day, i only have to do it once…