Few newbie question

Petr Lázňovský

Apr 26, 2017, 9:57:20 AM4/26/17
to growl for windows
Hi there, I am new in Growl for windows and have few questions:

1. Could I customize notification window? Size, transparency, etc?
2. Have scenario with two windows computers: w2k3 sending notifications to Win7 via growlnotify.com, which working because both computers are on same LAN. Now I want to sending notifications to the Linux computer (using http://mattn.github.io/growl-for-linux/) and the Android phone, but those two devices are behind NAT. Is there native way (no VPN or tunnel) how to get it worked? Expect something like client on start establish connection to the machine with w2k3 which have public IP address.
3. Could I control time of notification window show-up? Find only /s "sticky" option which do nothing for me (notification window disappear after cca 3 seconds as usual).

Thanks, L.

Brian Dunnington

Apr 26, 2017, 10:13:42 AM4/26/17
to growl for windows
You can install different displays from this page: http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/displays.aspx

Some displays offer additional customization options as well, but each one controls its own appearance. Displays can also control how long they are visible, so try some of them out and look for ones that let you specify the duration.