Feature request: Make it possible to disable hotkeys

Johannes Brodwall

Oct 1, 2015, 11:38:12 AM10/1/15
to growl for windows
I'm using Growl for Windows and I'm also using Eclipse, where the alt-shift-x hotkey is used to run the current program. However, Growl hijacks this hotkey.

I would very much like the ability to turn off this hotkey in Growl. Either by default or by a setting. The hotkey doesn't seem to be documented anywhere, so perhaps it isn't very much in use. (I appreciate the need for a hotkey for some people, but it's extremely annoying to have your favorite commands hijacked!)

~Johannes

CT

Oct 1, 2015, 9:15:24 PM10/1/15
to growl for windows
hey bro,

i'm not a developer, but i think you can go into the config file and change the shortcut.

here's a thread from someone who had a similar issue: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/growl-for-windows/j3JcMrd6rSY

so, *i think* for win10:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Growl for Windows
- locate Growl.exe.config
- open in notepad as admin
- search and find "Alt+X"
- change the X to something else and hit save i suppose ;D