System Monitor - feature suggestion-

mathis94

Aug 5, 2009, 9:51:29 PM8/5/09
to growl for windows
Hello,

I think the system monitor is a very good product, and I would like to
deploy it on my company.

In fact, I would like to warn the users when their disk are low( for
example), but 2 functionalities are missing.

1) is it possible to specify a callbackurl for each alert, like that
each user could click on the notification in order to launch an
intranet website that can help to resolve the problem.

2) is it possible to set up a customize message for each alert ?

Thank you very much !

Brian Dunnington

Aug 6, 2009, 12:25:20 PM8/6/09
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
those are both great suggestions. unfortunately, neither of them are
possible in the current version of System Monitor. i have wanted to
spend some time on the System Monitor to really improve it (it was
released mainly as a developer preview and i have not had time to get
back to it much).

both of these features are something i will add, i just cant promise
when they will be available.

cOborski

Apr 7, 2017, 10:14:02 AM4/7/17
to growl for windows
The company I work for would like to do something similar - is it possible that Growl for Windows or System Monitoring will be made into an open source project? Both pieces of software are suffering from a lack of updates despite the fact that their concept remains useful.

Brian Dunnington

Apr 26, 2017, 10:01:02 AM4/26/17
to growl for windows
Growl for Windows has always been open source. You can find the source here: https://github.com/briandunnington/growl-for-windows