where is growl for windows? i use this every day

Holly Lisa

Nov 18, 2018, 12:24:33 AM11/18/18
to growl for windows

Christian J. Robinson

Nov 18, 2018, 1:07:17 AM11/18/18
to growl for windows
On Tue, 13 Nov 2018, Holly Lisa wrote:

> http://www.growlforwindows.com/

I was wondering the same thing. But it's been abandonware for a long
time, so I can't say I'm surprised the domain has expired/disappeared.

- Christian

--
Christian J. Robinson <hep...@gmail.com> -- https://christianrobinson.name/
My opinions expressed above are not necessarily mine.

Josh Wright

Nov 18, 2018, 6:27:41 AM11/18/18
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com

Not trolling, but you might want to check out Snarl. It's compatible with Growl and seems to still be in development.

https://snarl.fullphat.net/

Josh

briandunnington

Nov 18, 2018, 1:45:12 PM11/18/18
to growl for windows
GfW has not had a significant update in many years, so I have decided to close the website down.The full source code for Growl for Windows is still available on Github (https://github.com/briandunnington/growl-for-windows) and the installer for the latest version is also available there for anybody that wants to install the pre-built version.

As Josh mentioned, Snarl is a great alternative the supports the same GNTP protocol the GfW used, so you should be able to switch over and have all of your current apps still work as expected.

jos...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2018, 1:49:59 PM11/18/18
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com

RIP GfW.  Thanks for the work over time, Brian!

Holly Hetrick

Nov 18, 2018, 1:51:00 PM11/18/18
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all

I love growl.  I use it daily with Python and Ruby scripts.  I don't want a middle man like telegram etc just to get an alert on my computer

Windows 10 notifications were a serious let down considering they're trying desperately to integrate mobile apps

briandunnington

Nov 18, 2018, 1:59:10 PM11/18/18
to growl for windows
Thanks all. I know there is still a vibrant group of folks that use GfW daily and it will continue to work just as good tomorrow as it did today (it is not dependent on any online services or anything that will cause it to stop functioning). I posted a more official notice in this group to let everyone else know: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/growl-for-windows/LyQkkCXGF2A

Pimmetje

Nov 18, 2018, 4:16:40 PM11/18/18
to growl-fo...@googlegroups.com

Maybe a idea to redirect the domain to the github project. So any SEO will be transferred. Or is the domain expired?