[GOOS] List of bugs in book, plus another java repo

raul

May 2, 2010, 5:47:35 AM5/2/10
to Growing Object-Oriented Software
Hi all,

First of all, thanks to Nat and Steve for the book, I'm learning quite
a lot with your book. Especially because you took the effort to guide
us through design and implementing the Auction Sniper and explaining
your way of doing it. Since I wanted to understand exactly what that
meant, I decided to create a repo in github and follow the
"instructions" of the book.
The final result is here: http://github.com/raulb/my-goos-code

I've also ended up uncovering quite some bugs/inconsistencies in the
book that are documented in the README file in github:
http://github.com/raulb/my-goos-code/blob/master/README

Other than that, this github repo might be helpful to somebody who is
going through the same process that I did, and is stuck in some
section of the book - i've commited quite often the changes, while the
original Java repo only has the final snapshot of the code.

Hope it helps!
Raul

Grzesiek W

Jun 23, 2018, 1:44:09 PM6/23/18
to Growing Object-Oriented Software
Hi,
I know this thread is 8 years old, but I started to reading Goos and I also try to follow the process by implementing it as it is done in the book.
I see that those links you provided are not accessible any more.
Is there a chance that you could update it ?
It would be a great help.

Thanks.

Grzesiek

Steven Solomon

Jun 23, 2018, 2:18:21 PM6/23/18
to growing-object-o...@googlegroups.com
What are you encountering? Maybe we could work together to create an up to date repo

Thanks
Steve
--

---

Grzesiek W

Jun 26, 2018, 2:30:33 AM6/26/18
to Growing Object-Oriented Software
I just wanted to see your repo as you described in your post. I could not find it in your github. Why did you remove it ?

Steven Solomon

Jun 26, 2018, 7:01:52 AM6/26/18
to growing-object-o...@googlegroups.com
Umm, it’s not my repo. If you have any questions about the book, I’m happy to help.

---

Grzesiek W

Jun 27, 2018, 5:36:31 PM6/27/18
to Growing Object-Oriented Software
Hi

I've created repo https://github.com/grzegorz-wolszczak/goos-code where I will put the code as I go through the book
I hope this is going to be good educational experience for me.

Regards
Grzesiek
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to growing-object-oriented-software+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

---