Local Grown, Close To Home!

1 view

Pick-A-Pepper.com

Mar 11, 2013, 6:01:36 AM3/11/13
to growfoo...@googlegroups.com

Like this on Facebook Share this on Twitter Pin to Pinterest Share this with Google+
pap_header2
4274582714_3f0e1ec41d_o

New for our Customers and Vendors:

We have a lot of new vendors on Pick-A-Pepper this spring, so if you are looking to support local food producers, become a vendor, or get your listing current, now is a great time!

View ALL of our Vendors
We have added a new option to allow ALL farmers, gardeners, and food artisans that have a Pick-A-Pepper listing to be viewed, regardless of whether or not they have active items for sale.
This new option will allow Pick-A-Pepper not only to serve as an online market, but also a local farmer/food artisan finder.
Though we will continue to show only active listings when a zip code is first typed in, if you click the button at the top of the page "Show Farms Without Active Products," you can now browse the hundreds of farms we have registered. If you want to be on this list get signed up, it's free!

Get with us on Pinterest
Over the next few weeks we will be adding all of our vendors to our Pinterest board titled "Farms and Food Artisans we love" . Pinterest is based around images, so make sure that your vendor listing on Pick-A-Pepper includes a photo of your farm, garden, products, or you, that way we can link to your Pick-A-Pepper listing.

We will also be continuing to add to our restaurants and grocers that support local food boards. Let us know if you want to be listed!

images

New for our Vendors this month:

Inventory Cloning Tool:
Inventory can be uploaded quicker and easier with our new "Duplicate Item" button. Click the button to "clone" an inventory item with all it's delivery/pick-up/shipping schedules intact. This makes it so that you don't have to re-enter information that is the same for each inventory item you add.

Shipping Option
If you want to add shipping for some items, you can now make a separate line item specifically for the shipping cost. This will allow you to have one line that is specifically for shipping charges and that is separate from the product itself. To create a separate shipping line:
Add New Item>Choose "Shipping or Freight Cost" from the Product Type Drop Down List>Enter the cost information
One tip: using USPS flat rate boxes for shipping can make this work easier since you already know what the price is going to be. Small flat rate box-$5.80, Medium-$12.35, Large-16.85.
With that in mind, you can indicate on your particular item that you will ship, which shipping price the customer needs to choose in order to have it shipped.

Pick-A-Pepper.com is an online marketplace for locally produced foods and artisanal products. We are also a grassroots way to transform our food system to one that is more sustainable. Please visit the website for more information and to see just how easy it is to market, buy, and sell local products starting today!

facebook twitter
©2013 Pick-A-Pepper.com | 2551 Roby Farm Rd Rocheport, MO 65279
This email was sent to growfoo...@googlegroups.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list. View this email on the web here. You can also forward to a friend.
Unsubscribe