TO: Grow Food Amherst Members
FROM: John Gerber
In case you didn't see the article on our project in the Daily Hampshire Gazette today, I've re-posted it here:
list of members for an update on how we are doing.
Also, if you are free on Wednesday this week at noon (April 10), you are invited to the Open Steering Committee Meeting of GFA in the First Floor Meeting Room at Town Hall. We will be planning our upcoming events and brainstorming our next projects. All are welcome!
If you have additions or suggestions for the agenda, let me know. Here is what we have at present:
If you can't make it to one of the monthly planning meetings, you can check in on our work by reading the meeting notes and post your suggestions to our Facebook Page.
Tentative Agenda (Noon - 1:30pm)
- Welcome & Introductoins – Stephanie Ciccarello
- Reports from the Subcommittees & Projects
- 2013 Amherst Garden Challenge – all participants to check in
- Schools Project – Sarah Berquist
- Gleaning/Cooking – Stephanie Ciccarello
- Shovels to Share – John Gerber
- Asparagus Festival – Stephanie Ciccarello
- Conversation with Grow Food Amherst – John Gerber & Gabor Lukacs
- Suggestions for future projects – brief discussion of each
- Seed Saving Workshop in the fall
- Nut Tree Workshop in the winter
- Winter Workshops in partnership with the Winter Farmers Market
- Growing Gardens at Apartment Complexes
- Permaculture at Student Apartments - Sue Morrello & Linda Seligman
- Final plans for “Gardening 101″ Workshop on April 18 - Anne Williamson
- Final plans for Outdoor Learning Lab on May 5 - Sarah Berquist
- New Business (send your suggestions to John Gerber)
Please don't forget to attend one or more of our upcoming events!
All the best.