Our next Grow Food Amherst events!

John M. Gerber

Jun 18, 2013, 1:38:56 PM6/18/13
to growfoo...@googlegroups.com

TO:        Grow Food Amherst Friends and Fans

Just wanted to let you know of two upcoming events!
Jam Making Workshop
Thursday, June 20 - 6:00-8:00pm
Bangs Community Center
Strawberries are in season and at their peek flavor! Join Peg Thibbitts to learn how to cook and preserve this bountiful fruit so that you can enjoy it all year long!  The workshop is free but limited to twenty participants.

Please contact Amherst Sustainability Coordinator, Stephanie Ciccarello, at (413) 259-3149 or cicca...@amherstma.gov to reserve a spot!
Free Tomato Plants at the Wednesday Farmers Market
Wednesday, June 26 - 2:00-6:00pm
Kendrick Park Market, Amherst MA
We have 40 tomato plants to give away (first come - first served).
  Stop by and say hello at the Grow Food Amherst booth.  Dr. Worm will be there with his worm composting unit!
We are VERY close to our goal of 350 new members this spring.  To help us get there, please invite one of your gardening (or potential gardening) friends by sending them this link and asking them to join GFA.
http://www.growfoodamherst.org/members/join/
And if you want to help us organize more GFA events, please mark your calendar for our next Open Steering Committee meeting on July 10 from 12:00noon - 1:30pm in the Amherst Town Hall.

Thanks for your support.