Checking Vouchers from my website

Andrew Normore

Mar 21, 2012, 7:46:51 PM3/21/12
to Groupon API Forum
Hey, new to Groupon.

I was told the API allows me to:
- Have a website running
- Have users enter their voucher number, purchased from Groupon.com
- Have my website verify the voucher number via the API
- Get a response, true or false
- Do more stuff

Please advise!

Krzysztof Wiśniewski

May 11, 2012, 4:08:19 AM5/11/12
to Groupon API Forum
Looking for this things too, especially I would like to verify if a
code is valid or not.

Alex Rakoczy

May 11, 2012, 2:09:29 PM5/11/12
to group...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,

We currently do not have a public API for validating Groupons or doing redemption. If you're doing work for a particular merchant, we can work on finding a solution for you, so feel free to contact us directly if that is the case.

Alex

Andrew Normore

May 11, 2012, 3:02:43 PM5/11/12
to group...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks, here's the solution.

Generate the coupon codes yourself. Store them in your database.

You can submit the self generated codes to groupon, who will hand them out upon purchase. Have that user come to your website to redeem, and use the coupon.

Hope this helps.
--
Andrew Normore
902-817-2639