Deals resource not returning location-relevant results

Joshua Williams

Apr 30, 2012, 1:49:46 PM4/30/12
to group...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
There are a couple problems I am seeing with using lat and lng in my GET params. The first instance is when there is definitely data for a particular lat/lng. I am specifically interested in Dublin Ireland. Here is the link I am using for this. I limit result data to only show the division so it's easy to parse:

Is there anything incorrect in my usage here?

The other problem I am seeing is when calling a lat/lng that is in the middle of nowhere. I would expect an error returned about an incorrect division but instead I see results from my current location. It's like the lat and lng are ignored. Here is a call to get deals in the middle of the Indian ocean:

I am not too interested in the second case but I would really like to be able to get results for Dublin. Any help?

Thanks,
Joshua

Alex Rakoczy

Apr 30, 2012, 5:11:23 PM4/30/12
to Groupon API Forum
Hi Joshua,

The api.groupon.com endpoint only supports US an Canadian cities. For
the international API, I recommend contacting the support team for
your local country.

Alex

On Apr 30, 10:49 am, Joshua Williams <williams.joshu...@gmail.com>

Joshua

Apr 30, 2012, 5:54:41 PM4/30/12
to group...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex. I saw that in one of the recent posts. It seems like there should be an invalid division error returned in those cases.